Tuesday, April 5, 2011

In This Season

I'm currently sitting in a Caribou Coffee in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. Not to be confused with Grand Rapids, Michigan.

I've been wondering lately what the next leg of my Wild Goose Chase is going to look like. I consider myself to be quite fortunate to live the kind of life I do. It is not always easy being a person who moves frequently, but I've come to accept that, at least for now, this is my life.

I believe life happens in seasons.

In this season:

1. I'm grateful to be single.
Don't get me wrong. I believe marriage and motherhood are great adventures and certainly ones I desire for my future. But right now, in this season, I am so blessed to be unattached. I am blessed to be discovering again and again how God provides for His own. I am blessed to be in the process of learning who I am in Christ apart from another person. I am blessed to be in the center of His will for me right now. I am blessed to be under the leadership of the Holy Spirit, learning to submit my will to His.

2. I'm so grateful I'm debt-free.
One reason I'm able to move freely is because I am 100% free from debt. I can't take the credit for this, though I usually tend toward frugality. All the glory goes to God. He's given me opportunities to work and raise funds and has prompted the hearts of many to give very generously to me over the years.
While on the topic of finances, I want to put in a plug for Master's Commissions & small Bible schools everywhere. Through my 2 years as a student and year on staff with MC I am 2 months away from earning my bachelor's degree.
Want to know how much I owe for student loans?: $0.

3. I'm especially grateful for family.
I must confess I have not always appreciated my family as I do today. But throughout the past 9 years of me living like a nomad they have been so supportive. I am blessed to have parents who let me be my own person. I was 17 the last time I got unsolicited advice from my Dad. I've gotten plenty of advice from him since then, not because he insists on giving it, but because I askMy mom calls me from time to time. She doesn't nag me if I don't call her back right away, rather she leaves it to me to share with her, and that's why I do! My parents allowed me to spread my wings instead of trying to clip them. My twenties been anything but "normal" but they accept me as the oddball I am:).
Then there's my siblings: My brother and I only see each other once or twice a year but every time we're together it's like we haven't missed a moment together. My sister is my best friend on this planet. She's stuck with me through thick and thin (figuratively & literally!) and is my #1 confidant. My brother-in-law is God's perfect match for my sister and has become one of my favorite friends over the years!

This is the only picture I could find of my whole family since the '90s...
From Mike & Melissa's wedding almost 3 years ago!


What season of life do you find yourself in? How are you embracing life in this season, and what are you grateful for?

*megan


2 comments:

  1. Great post! I am in the season of learning social relationships...I think. I am grateful for the MANY people God has brought into my life over the last 3 years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica... That's awesome! There ARE a lot of wonderful people around here!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, or email me at megan.munro7@gmail.com! I look forward to hearing from you!