Sunday, September 19, 2010

deep inside this armor...

"...the warrior is a child."

As a little girl I would sing this song at the top of my lungs, right along with our family's Twila Paris cassette tape. It meant something to me then, even as a child. But twenty years later I'm singing it from my heart like never before.

It is a confession of sorts: I'm weak. I'm not as brave as you think.
Or, if I was to be fully transparent: I'm not as brave as I wanted you to think.

So tonight I admit, with eyes full of tears, that the only thing holding me together from one day to the next is my precious Papa in heaven. Today I'm not afraid to confess that He is the only strength I have. For if it is truly in my weakness that His strength is perfected, He's never looked stronger than He does right now.

*megan


*The Warrior is a Child*

Lately I've been winning battles left and right
But even winners can get wounded in the fight
People say that I'm amazing
Strong beyond my years
But they don't see inside of me
I'm hiding all the tears

They don't know that I go running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
'Cause deep inside this armor
The warrior is a child

Unafraid because His armor is the best
But even soldiers need a quiet place to rest
People say that I'm amazing
Never face retreat
But they don't see the enemies
That lay me at His feet

-Gary Valenciano
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here, or email me at megan.munro7@gmail.com! I look forward to hearing from you!