Wednesday, July 6, 2011

solitary in families

My birthday was wonderful! I must admit I had my doubts about how the day would turn out. Sometimes I get sad & lonely for the ones I'm not with and places I can't be. Just one of the drawbacks of living such a transitory lifestyle, I guess. But I am very thankful that God knew what I needed and blessed me with such a special day.


I spent it with family... (best nephew ever!)

And with a few best friends... (Katie & Mel!)

Sweet, sweet Lindsey Hall bought me a cake! All my favorite colors;).

God is relationship-oriented. It's something I really like about Him. He blesses us with companionship with Himself (WOW) as well as with the fellowship of other believers. Together, we make up a great big family.

I had the privilege of spending my evening with spiritual family. I was blessed with a sense of belonging that I have been missing. The entire Olson family joined us for dinner then had us over to their home for a wonderful time!

It was a perfect summer night. Hot & humid- my fave! After watching HILARIOUS videos (laughed my head off), playing a game and hanging out inside LaFawn suggested taking the party outside to "make memories". And that we did! Sam caught a huge frog and I gave it a birthday kiss. Why not, right? :)

I held its little webby hands and it wrapped its webby fingers around my thumbs. I must admit, it was pretty cute, even for a NON-animal-lover like myself!


A scripture I couldn't let go of that entire night was Psalm 68:6- "He sets the solitary in families..." It is amazing how much healing God ministered to me from just a few hours spent with a Godly family. Sigh.

I'm very thankful to be serving a God who cares about my emotional and relational needs. He is so faithful!

*megan

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your day :) I'm thankful for you and love you SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's late ...anyway .... happy birth day to megan. wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Megan belated happy birthday!Nice birthday cake!Yummy!If you have time you can visit my world of blogging by CLICKING HERE

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Bed Nath, Thanks!!

    @ Himadri, I will come follow you now:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'I spent it with family... (best nephew ever!)'

    Funny and cute photo.

    Dr. Russ Murray, BC, Canada

    Blessings with your blogs.:)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here, or email me at megan.munro7@gmail.com! I look forward to hearing from you!