Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Lifetime of an Opportunity

Linda Ravenhill once said, "The opportunity of a lifetime must be seized in the lifetime of the opportunity."


What a challenging statement.


Today I read Acts chapter 3, when Peter and John encounter a crippled beggar. Peter says "I don't have any money for you. But I'll give you what I have. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, get up and walk!" He takes the man by the hand and helps him up, and he is healed!



Today I find myself impressed with what happens next. In verse 12 it says "Peter saw his opportunity and addressed the crowd..." I love that Peter was not content to see only this former beggar giving God glory. He seized this opportunity when many people were watching in wonder and amazement, and every person went home having heard the message of Jesus Christ.


The lifetime of some opportunities lasts for only a moment. May God give us the wisdom and courage to see our opportunity and to speak boldly by His Spirit.



*megan

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here, or email me at megan.munro7@gmail.com! I look forward to hearing from you!