Thursday, June 10, 2010

Perfect Pancakes!

It is official, I have perfected the pancake recipe I have been working on! Ready to share it with the blogger world.

Whisk together:
3/4 cup unbleached flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup raw oatmeal
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Whisk together in another bowl:
1 1/2 cups milk (these turn out great with plain soy milk or 2% or whole cows milk!!)
2 eggs
3 TB olive oil
2 TB honey (haven't tried agave, but that might be yummy too)
1 TB brown sugar (mixes better with the wet ingredients than the dry ones)
1 tsp vanilla

Mix wet and dry ingredients in the large bowl, then commence griddle-ing!! I use 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter per pancake. The key to light brown yummy pancakes is patience! Medium-high heat, WAIT for the bubbles, flip... And a few minutes later, enjoy!!

Let me know how they turn out for you!

*megan
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here, or email me at megan.munro7@gmail.com! I look forward to hearing from you!